5-axis machining is widely used nowadays. With the development of technology, this machining method become matural accordingly. We are machining more and more complex and precise parts with the help of this type of machining center. Here, this article will share something about 5-axis machining.
5-axis simultaneous machining is one of the most efficient and high-precision machining methods at present, and complex machining can be completed in one clamping of the workpiece.
It can process complex workpieces such as auto parts, aircraft structural parts, medical equipment parts and so on. There is a big difference between a five-axis machining center and a pentahedron machining center. Many people don’t know this and mistake the pentahedron machining center as a five-axis machining center. The five-axis machining center has five axes of x, y, z, a, and c, and the xyz and ac axes form five-axis linkage processing. The “pentahedron machining center” is similar to a three-axis machining center, except that it can do five surfaces at the same time, but it cannot do special-shaped machining, slanted holes, and cutting slopes.
Here are the seven advantages of the 5-axis machining center:
- It is suitable for machining complex special-shaped parts. The 5-axis machining center can realize the processing of complex parts that are difficult to achieve or basically unmachinable by general machining centers, so it is widely used in aerospace, shipbuilding, mold and other processing industries.
- High-precision machining. The 5-axis machining center completes the inspection by dimensional analysis of the material through 5-axis positioning, so the accuracy of the 5-axis vertical machining center is higher than that of the ordinary machining center.
- The fine workmanship.Conttrolled by the computer, it can eliminate human error, the parts have good processing consistency and firm quality.
- High flexibility. When dealing with object conversion, it is generally only necessary to change the numerical control sequence, which shows good adaptability and can save a lot of time for production. Based on the 5-axis machining center, an automated production system with high flexibility can be formed.
- Efficient. The 5-axis machining center has high machining accuracy. The rigidity of the bed is large, and the processing volume can be automatically selected. The 5-axis machining center has high productivity, which is generally 3 to 5 times that of the ordinary machining center. It can cope with the processing of some complex parts and can improve by more than ten times or even dozens of times.
- Good production conditions. The machine has a high degree of automation, the operator’s work intensity is greatly reduced, and the working environment is better.
- Conducive to management. The use of 5-axis machining centers is conducive to the mastery and management of production, and creates conditions for the automation of the production process.
Hiring a 5 Axis CNC Machining Service
Looking for some 5-axis CNC machining company to complete your parts? Xielifeng tech is a good choice to you. Machining parts on 5-axis cnc machining center is one of our main business. We can help you make the parts right as per drawings.